Are you struggling to know what to wear for your engagements?! Here I am going to talk about what you need to have amazing engagement photo outfits! You are starting the next steps in your exciting new adventure, lets make some moments you will look back on and cherish!
- Dress it up: long flowy dresses are flattering on every body. They look great when they catch a little bit of a breeze! Cute, shorter-length dresses photograph beautifully as well. This would also give you an opportunity to show off any killer heels you may have! Trust me when I say… dresses and skirts always look the most stunning on camera because they really flatter the female body! Tailored suits are by far my favorite for grooms to wear! There’s a Neal Caffery appeal that we all can agree is super attractive! But if that’s not his “style” then here are a few options!!
- Khaki pants, dress pants, blazer, solid button down shirts, ties or bowties, suspenders, vests, watches, soft earth tones or neutral colors.
- My Fav: Dark sports coat, button up shirt, bowtie, khaki pants, brown shoes
- Wear light colors and neutrals: this helps bring all the attention to your faces and lets the eye focus on the way you feel about each other. It also really supports creating a light and airy feel to your photos! The camera loves shades of soft pink and muted blues, mixed with sophisticated light neutrals like heather gray, creams, leather brown, navy, and white.
- Wear solids or soft patterns: once again, this allows more attention to the emotion of the photo. You are the important part of this moment, how do you feel about your special someone?! If you want to include variety, use texture instead of patterns
- Coordinate, instead of match: coordinating shows how you compliment each other, whereas matching creates more of a family photo session vibe. There will be plenty of time for that later!
- Get hair, make-up and nails done professionally: this will create confidence. This is also a major moment in your lives together. Let’s create an experience that will forever spark what you feel now over and over again when you see these pictures in years to come!!
I am so excited for you, this is an amazing and thrilling point in your relationship! If you have any other questions as you’re putting together your engagement photo outfits, please reach out here! I’d love to do a personalized outfit consult with you!!
If you’re still looking at locations, check out my recommendations: Unique Engagement Session Locations in Utah.